Al Jidara supports vulnerable and disadvantaged areas to build stronger and more resilient communities, by empowering individuals and social institutions. To achieve that, Al Jidara facilitates a participatory grassroots approach to local governance and decision-making, with the aim of engaging stakeholders, prioritizing needs, executing projects, and instituting accountability measures.
- Institutionalize participatory planning processes and shared accountability between community and government.
- Expand the capacities of civil society organization and local governments to address community challenges.
- Enhance cooperation between government and civil society members to build stronger and more resilient communities.
- Mainstream gender and youth in community development efforts.
- Develop impact assessment methodology and measurement tools for community cohesion and resilience.
- Facilitate the formulation of community development teams and taskforces .
- Support the implementation of priority projects defined by local communities.