Call for Subject Matter Experts
AJIS is recruiting for short and long term subject matter experts for the anticipated USAID Jordan Women’s Economic Empowerment and Leadership Activity (WEELA) that aims to improve women’s access to jobs and leadership opportunities in the private sector, improve perceptions and advocacy, and stimulate more equitable and safer working environments. The activities will address women’s economic empowerment, with a focus on private sector engagement, workforce development and advocacy.
We are seeking candidates with expertise in the following areas:
- Workforce development
- Gender equality and women’s employment
- Private sector engagement
- Promoting women’s leadership
- Legal and regulatory reform
- Training and capacity building
- Behavior Change
- Public Private Sector Partnerships
- Advanced degree in business, economics, gender studies or a related field.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in gender and women’s empowerment programs.
- Experience in women’s economic empowerment and employment projects in Jordan, the MENA region or globally.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Fluency in Arabic is an asset.
About the Organization
AJIS, a small business founded in 1999, promotes the wellbeing of communities in Jordan and the Middle East, creating and delivering lasting solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in the region. As a member of the Al Jidara group, and with sister companies in Jordan, the UAE and the West Bank, AJIS shares the groups technical capabilities and experience. Core capabilities include: strengthening governance and accountability systems; empowering local leaders and community organizations to take leadership in promoting and partaking in greater civic engagement; creating a competitive, demand-driven workforce development system that leads to increased private sector employment, especially for women and youth; advancing gender empowerment and equality; strengthening micro, small, and medium-sized businesses; and assisting organizations to improve their operations.
Please apply through WEELA@ajisglobal.com and include a cover letter and resume in your application. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Deadline for applications: October 30th, 2019.
AJIS International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.