Service Delivery Coordinator, Erbil
The purpose of the Iraq Governance and Performance Accountability (IGPA) project is to advance effective, accountable, and transparent governance in Iraq. This USAID effort, implemented by DAI, will work with the Government of Iraq (GOI) at all levels to better respond to citizen needs by supporting reform initiatives and Iraqi change agents on inclusive governance and public sector transparency, accountability, and economy. “Reform initiatives” includes support to improve service delivery functions, public financial management, and open government initiatives. IGPA will support the GOI and the citizens of Iraq in forming partnerships and collaborative efforts to solve problems jointly. IGPA has four (4) objectives:
1. Enhance GOI service delivery capacity
2. Improve public financial management
3. Strengthen monitoring and oversight of service delivery and public expenditure
4. Support Iraqi change agents (cross-cutting objective)
The Service Delivery Coordinator will act as a direct report to the Objective 1 technical lead and assist in the implementation of activities addressing the alignment of service deliveries with the priorities of provincial directorates. She/He will work within the designated region to increase decentralization, expand service delivery responsibilities, and increase the capabilities of provincial governments to execute.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The Service Delivery Coordinator will be responsible for the below tasks:
- Coordinate, with the Objective 1 Technical Lead, the approach and implementation of service delivery capacity building in the designated region and provinces.
- Under direct management of the Objective 1 Lead, coordinate the implementation of activities on a district level to service delivery, human resources, and management systems; including supporting local government organizations.
- Coordinate the approach of Objective 1 goals so that USAID support is better integrated in district level activities.
- Submit data and analysis to monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc communications and reports, and to ME&L reports.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- BA with 3-5 years of relevant experience, Master's degree preferred
- Excellent Kurdish writing, speaking, and reading skills
- Location in Erbil important
- Knowledge of USAID’s donor policies and procedures, particularly as related to the governance and public financial management sector
- Experience in remote coordination with excellent communication and report writing capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive in coordination with Technical Lead
- Experience conducting knowledge management and dissemination activities on similar programs
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and reading skills
Only residents of Erbil will be considered for this position.